In a nutshell, we've been hard at work improving our core tech, but we've also been able to sneak in a couple of nice to have features.
- documents now load 7-10% faster;
- we were able to shave 150 to 200 milliseconds off the realtime sync algorithm, making realtime collaboration better;
- we've added more and better editor shortcuts (Markdown included); check the new shortcuts by hitting Ctrl (or Cmd on Mac) + /;
- we've changed our CDN to AWS CloudFront, and setup better firewalls to our APIs to mitigate next Denial of Service attacks;
- certificate generation for hosted docspaces on your domains now happens in maximum 1 hour since the DNS has propagated, and we also have lowered their regeneration rate to 2 months;
- hosted docspaces are now 15% to 60% faster, as we were able to cache some of the content close to your customers; this will also improve your SEO;
- UI improvements across the board: more consistent spacing and colors throughout the app; cross platform scrollbars;
- better support for Safari and Firefox; there's still work to be done here, but we strive to be 100% cross-browser as ~15% of you don't use Chrome-based browsers;
- better support on mobile browsers;
- we've started doing automated phishing scans to prevent malicious use of our platform.
- our integrations come out of beta and are now generally available: GraphQL, Swagger, Github Gist, Loom, Google Drive, Numeracy, Codepen, Mode Analytics, Slack, Airtable, Trello, LucidChart, Typeform, Mindmaster, Prezi, Miro, Invision, Figma, Framer, Abstract, Marvel, Google Analytics, Intercom.
- docx import comes out of beta.
- workspace-level domains, share any amount of docspaces in an URL format like this: https://docs.yourdomain.com/docspace1 https://docs.yourdomain.com/docspace2;
- desktop app;
- improved datatables that draw inspiration from AirTable;
- continued core technology improvements;
- many misc. features asked by you; thank you for your great ideas in the Feature Wishlist, we watch them closely and many of them will get implemented.